Then Watch This
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that is fun, challenging and extremely effective in developing a high level of Fitness.
Our programming delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive.
Even those who have never trained can do CrossFit. If you are a committed individual regardless of your experience. Then this is the program for you. We scale load and intensity; we do not change the program. Why? Because, the physical needs of Olympic Athletes and our grandparents differ by degree, not kind. People from all walks of life have found their best fitness from doing the very same movements just in different loads.
The training you will experience at CrossFit Effingham will improve all aspects of you fitness. There are 10 Physical Skills that we measure and work on which include Strength, Endurance, Stamina, Agility, Balance, Speed, Power, Flexibility, Coordination and Accuracy. In short our fitness regimen is Evidence Based that is
Functional Movement performed at a
Relative High Intensity.
- Evidence Based Fitness that is measurable, observable, and repeatable.
- Constantly Varied - This means that the workouts are different everyday you come in. Each day a new workout of the day (WOD) will be posted and you never know what you'll be doing until you get there. Expect the Unexpected. Why? Workouts must be varied because life is..
- "Relative" High Intensity - Relative High Intensity means that you are trained to an intensity level that YOU can do. That means anyone can do this. High Intensity is the BEST way the body will react in a positive way to increase the ability to react to the unknowing and unexpected. Constantly doing Long Duration Cardio (LDC) is a is not the most effective way unless that's your thing (our Athletes definitely enjoy a MetCon day from time to time). But if you want to get a more effective workout in less time to be Stronger, Faster, and Leaner I challenge you to try CrossFit Effingham.
- Functional Movement - Everything we do is Natural Movements! Pulling, Pushing, Lifting... These are what we do all day everyday. Here at CrossFit Effingham we train to live.
- Fun! - Everyday is a competition with yourself and with others to get better. We are not finished until the last athlete is done. And if formal competition is in your blood then we have a traveling team you can be a part of also.